Grizzly Bear Adventure
Picture this: you are surrounded by the spine-tingling natural beauty of the Canadian wilderness when a grizzly bear emerges. With a DSLR camera in hand, you expertly capture the bear as it lifts its head to meet your gaze. This unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience could be yours on our grizzly bear adventure photography tour to the Bella Coola area. Our experienced professional photographers will teach you the necessary skills, and will take you into the field to practice wildlife photography. This truly memorable photography tour will enable you to photograph wildlife for years to come by establishing your base skills in one of the best lookout spots in the country.
The price of our six-day adventure tour includes:
- All ground transportation, including a meet-and-greet service to/from the Bella Coola Airport
- Accommodation in beautiful, private timberframe chalets at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge (based on double occupancy), winner of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence and Travelers’ Choice award (Top Small Hotels of Canada)
- All meals: Hot and continental breakfast, lunch (either in the lodge or packed lunch in the field), three-course dinner, plus afternoon snacks and unlimited soda, coffee, and tea!
- A variety of bear watching tours on each day of the package, lead by local guides with years of experience. Bear-viewing tour formats include scenic river drifts and guided nature hikes.
- Experienced guides, certified by the Commercial Bear Viewing Association
- Professional photography instructor(s) to work with you to ensure you get the best shot while learning new skills!
- Use of all sporting equipment, including mountain bikes that you may use to do some exploring on your own (time permitting)!
- Instructors available for up to 1 year post workshop for any questions you may have!
- All prices are quoted in Canadian dollars
- The price does not include alcohol.
To ensure you get the most out of your photo adventure tour, since we will be focusing on wildlife photography, you will need a long focal length lens (for example: 200mm+). We do recommend tele-converters for this tour (ask us if you have questions). You may want to bring a mono pod to support the weight of your lens. Bring along any other accessories (such as polarizer filters). If you are unsure of what to bring, we would be happy to talk with you.
We will have an opportunity to photography some amazing landscapes, so please don’t forget your wide angles lenses too!
We recommend a DSLR (or camera that allows you to manually adjust the settings). Arrive and be ready to explore new creative options!
For our Grizzly Adventure Tour, you will be meeting us right at the airport in Bella Coola, British Columbia (QBC). We will require your travel information to ensure we are at the airport to greet you upon arrival.
You will be staying in luxury accommodations while exploring your next adventure! Enjoy the Accommodation in the beautiful, private timberframe chalets at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge (based on double occupancy), winner of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence and Travelers’ Choice award (Top Small Hotels of Canada)
To secure your spot, we require a non-refundable deposit of $2500 CDN.
Balance is due for all adventures 90 days prior to departure date. For Cancellations:
- 90 days or more prior to departure date, full refund minus deposit
- 89-60 days prior, you will receive 35% refund
- 59 days or less, no refund available
In the event of a cancellation due to Canadian Photo Adventures, we will refund your fees (or transfer you at no cost, to another adventure). We will notify you at minimum 90 days prior to the departure date if we need to cancel. The reason we ask for a deposit prior to the adventure is simply to arrange and schedule the event (scheduling instructors, securing better rates on accommodations, transportation, and any fees). This allows us to keep our prices competitive.